InvestBulgaria Agency Head Brags about 3.5-Fold Rise in FDI in Q1, 2015
In the first quarter of 2015 Bulgaria registered a 3.5-fold increase in foreign direct investment, according to Stamen Yanev, Executive Director of the InvestBulgaria Agency (IBA).
In a Tuesday interview for the Bulgarian National Television, Yanev said that in Q1, 2015 FDI stood at EUR 317.3 M, or 0.7% of the GDP, compared to a rate of EUR 89 M in the period January-March 2014.
He noted that March 2015 had fetched an increase in investment by EUR 52.8 M.
Yanev, as cited by the press office of the IBA, made clear that investors who were expected to bring investments of over BGN 400 M and create around 300 jobs over the next 2-3 years were about to be awarded certificates.
He added that in Q1, 2015 GDP growth amounted to 2%, adding that this was a sign that the business climate was improving.
Yanev reminded that Bulgaria was to receive BGN 2.8 B under the operational program Innovations and Competitiveness 2014-2020.
The Executive Director of the IBA informed that the agency was organizing a forum on May 28 in Sofia that would bring together all large-scale investors in Bulgaria over the past 10 years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Day 110
- » Bulgarian Government, Employers and Unions to Discuss 2021 Budget
- » International Gambling Laws: How Does Canada Compare to the USA?
- » Greece Travel Updates: Measures Extended to November 8
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Tests Positive For COVID-19
- » WHO and Wikipedia in a Collaboration About COVID-19 Information