Yordan Bakalov Takes Over Bulgaria's Military Intelligence Service
Bulgarian Defense Minister Nikolay Nenchev announced on Tuesday he has appointed Yordan Bakalov, a former interim Interior Minister, as head of the Defense Information Service.
Yordan Bakalov, who has also been an MP in several Bulgarian legislatures throughout the years, has "exceptional" moral qualities and is well-prepared to do the job, the minister has said.
In March, Nenchev dismissed Veselin Ivanov, Bakalov's predecessor, citing failure to reach consensus on the service's development and the need to boost interoperability with NATO. Days later, unconfirmed reports (later denied by the minister himself) suggested Bakalov would take over.
Nenchev, alongside other ministers, has often been accused by political opponents of pursuing "political purges" at key institutions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General