Pro-Government Protest to Take Place in Macedonia
The Macedonian governing party VMRO-DPMNE is set on organizing a counter-protest at 8 pm in front of the Parliament building. The organizers claim that Macedonia is currently facing '' a directed attack aiming at destabilization'' of the country.
The announcement was made a day after opposition leader Zoran Zaev spent the night at the tent camp set on Skopje's main square. It was set up mere hours after the formal ending of the anti-government protest that has been joined by a number of parties, unions and NGOs. According to the information provided by the organizers close to 50,000 people have joined the Sunday protest.
Zaev further stated that 4,600 people will remain in the tent camp in front of Macedonian Parliament until their demand for the resignation of PM Gruevski and the government is complied with.
''I have no intention of resigning,'' Gruevski stated in an interview for pro-government program Sitel. ''I will not be accepting any formation of an interim government. I feel it is my duty to find a solution for the country to move forward and this will happen.''
Meanwhile, a second meeting of Macedonian party leaders will be organized in Skopje aiming at finding a solution to the political crisis in the country. The previous meeting was held past Thursday but no agreement has been reached.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia's Foreign Minister: We must make the Changes in our Constitution
- » Montenegro 2023: Deciding between the Past and the Future
- » The Мinimum Wage in Greece becomes 780 Еuros
- » Borrell: North Macedonia made a Commitment to Include in its Constitution Citizens of other Nationalities such as Bulgarians
- » Greece is Blocked by a Massive General Strike
- » The Croatian Government will Introduce a Fixed Price for Basic Food Products