Video Purportedly Showing Macedonia’s Zaev Seeking Bribe Released on YouTube
A video recording purportedly showing Macedonian opposition Social Democrat leader Zoran Zaev arranging for receiving a bribe of EUR 200,000 in his capacity of Mayor of Strumica has been published online, independent .mk has reported.
The Macedonian news website said the alleged recording of a conversation between Zaev and an unknown person was released on an anonymous YouTube channel this week and published by several local media. The Interior Ministry has said the conversation took place in November 2013.
Zaev has responded to by saying the release of the recording on YouTube violated Macedonia’s Constitution and laws.
“This video could have been leaked in the public uniquely by the Public Prosecution Office or by the Ministry of Interior Affairs. We call the Public Prosecution Office to immediately release the complete recording," independent.mk quoted Zaev as saying.
You can read the full article here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis