Macedonia Cuts Number of ‘Armed Group’ Members Killed in Kumanovo
Macedonian authorities have cut the number of the members of the armed group killed by police forces in Kumanovo last week, MIA news agency reported.
The Public Prosecutor’s Office announced on Sunday that an inspection at the site of the incident had revealed that 10 members of the group described as terrorists had been killed in the police operation that also claimed the lives of eight police officers.
Initial estimates by the Interior Ministry put at 14 the number of members of the armed group killed in shootouts with police in Kumanovo, in northern Macedonia, on 9-10 May.
According to media reports, Macedonian opposition, police and military experts in Skopje believe that the Kumanovo incident was staged by the government of Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski in a bid to divert the public attention away from opposition protests and consolidate support for the government.
The announcement by the Prosecutor’s Office was released shortly before the official start of the massive protest rally in central Skopje seeking the resignation of Gruevski on Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia votes in favor of EU-backed judicial reform, Vucic himself announces result
- » The deadline for a scheduled vaccination of Greeks over 60 has expired, 90% have been vaccinated
- » Croatia's Population has Shrunk by nearly 400,000 in the last 10 years
- » North Macedonia has Released Vlado Buckovski as Chief Negotiator with Bulgaria
- » SDSM Leader: North Macedonia and Albania have done Everything, Now it's the EU's Turn
- » New Government in North Macedonia