Patriarch Holds Memorial Service Marking Death of Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son
The Bulgarian Patriarch Neophyte held a memorial service marking forty days since the death of Prince Kardam, the eldest son of Bulgaria's last King and former Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
The service, which was held in the Saint Sedmochislenitsi Church in Sofia on Saturday, was attended by members of the royal family and notable Bulgarians.
Prince Kardam passed away on April 7 from a lung infection, with the funeral ceremony taking place in a close family circle on the next day in the San Isidro cemetery in Madrid.
Kardam passed away after suffering severe injuries in a 2008 car accident in Spain from which he was permanently immobilised and never recovered.
- » The Great Bulgarian Director and Animator Rumen Petkov has Died
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis