Fire Breaks Out at Lukoil Neftochim Burgas Refinery
A fire broke out on the territory of the Burgas-based Lukoil Neftochim refinery on Friday.
Nobody was injured in the fire.
The flames erupted during tests of a new heavy oil residue conversion unit, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
The reasons for the incident have not been conclusively identified.
One of the options involves a short circuit and the other one depressurisation of a relief valve.
The Burgas Regional Inspectorate of Environment and Waters (RIEW) has alleviated concerns about excessive air pollution.
The new installation is to be unveiled on March 20 in the presence of Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Gas Supplies to Bulgaria From Turkey Will Be Suspended Until The End Of The Week
- » Power Engineers: The People On The Other Side Of The Light
- » Udeclared Fuel Cost a Quarter of a Billion Euros to the Bulgarian Budget
- » Rosatom, Framatome and GE Steam Power Unite for Belene NPP Project
- » Bulgarian Energy and Water Regulatory Commision Creates Comparing Offers Platform for Electricity Supply
- » Bulgargaz will Reimburse Customers due to Cheaper Gas