Bulgarian Police Busts Group of VAT Fraudsters
Bulgarian police has intercepted a criminal group that drained the state coffers of around BGN 1 M in unpaid VAT.
The police operation was assisted by the Chief Directorate “Combating Organized Crime” of the Interior Ministry and the National Revenue Agency.
The group operated in Bulgaria and controlled companies serviced by one and the same accounting firm.
The scam involved a system of missing merchants that supplied food products to major retailers, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
After a search at the accounting firm, police seized stamps, computers, a server, and documents.
Witnesses are being examined and a technical expert report is to be issued on the seized computers.
The investigation is conducted by the new special tax crimes unit at the Specialized Prosecutor’s Office.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europol Discovered an International Criminal Group for Financial Fraud Operating in Bulgaria
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria