Lot 2 of Bulgaria’s Maritsa Motorway to be Completed by End of May
The second lot of Bulgaria’s Maritsa Motorway, covering the section between the town of Dimtrovgrad and the border checkpoint Kapitan Andreevo, will be fully completed by the end of May.
This became clear after Regional Minister Lilyana Pavlova and Head of the Road Infrastructure Agency Lazar Lazarov inspected the progress of construction works on two sections of the motorway on Thursday, daily Dnevnik reports.
At present, the final works on lot 2 were being completed – the laying of guard rails, surface marking, road signs and fencing nets.
More than 70 people, guided by a team of fifteen archaeologists, were working on the archaeological excavations at lot 1.
The archaeological site had been completely examined and the archaeologists expected to finish their work by the end of the month.
Efforts were being concentrated on the completion of the bridge above Maritsa River and the remaining large-scale facilities.
In case the pace of work is maintained, the Regional Ministry expects the section between Dimitrovgrad and Trakia Motorway to be completed by the end of October.
- » BDZ Provides Nearly 8,000 Extra Seats For the Holiday Weekend
- » Airbnb Expects to Go Public in 2020
- » France and Germany with a Joint Project for the Production of Batteries for Next-Generation Electric Vehicles
- » Ryanair to Lay Off nearly 700 Employees while the Company's Boss Could Get $ 111 Million Bonus
- » Cybersecurity in China is a Business Worth $ 8.9 billion
- » Wizz Air is the Best Low Cost Airline of the Year According to the European Aviation Awards