Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Dropped to 10.7 % in April
According to the latest figures of the National Employment Agency, which were released on Thursday, the unemployment rate in Bulgaria in April stood at 10.7 %.
This was a decrease of 0.3 % compared to March and a drop of 1.1 % compared to the same month in 2014.
The number of registered unemployed persons in Bulgaria stood at 350 318 in April, which was a decrease of 11 193 people compared to March.
Compared to the same month in 2014, the drop was even more marked, as the number of unemployed people decreased with 36 307.
The unemployed people getting a job in April, amounted to 27 102, which was an increase of 6 377 compared to March.
The vacancies in the real economy amounted to 20 671 in April, which was an increase of 901 compared to March and a growth of 2260 compared to April 2014.
Seasonal sectors, such as process manufacturing, hotels and restaurants, commerce, agriculture, forestry and fishery, construction, transport, storage and postal services, offered the highest number of vacancies.
The largest increases in the number of vacancies were registered in hotels and restaurants, process manufacturing and construction.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Day 110
- » Bulgarian Government, Employers and Unions to Discuss 2021 Budget
- » International Gambling Laws: How Does Canada Compare to the USA?
- » Greece Travel Updates: Measures Extended to November 8
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Tests Positive For COVID-19
- » WHO and Wikipedia in a Collaboration About COVID-19 Information