Macedonian Interior, Transport Ministers, Security Chief Resign
Macedonian Interior Minister Gordana Jankuloska, Transport and Communications Minister Mile Janakieski and the Director of the Administration for Security and Counterintelligence (UBK) Saso Mijalkov all resigned on Tuesday evening.
Their resignations come at a time of heightened political tensions in Macedonia.
A shooting in the town of Kumanovo over the weekend claimed the lives of eight police officers and fourteen gunmen.
There have also been a series of protests, which demanded the resignation of the government and Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski, after opposition SDSM leader Zoran Zaev had revealed controversial wiretapped conversations.
Gruevski submitted to parliament a proposal for the election of new government members to replace the resigned ministers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbian President: We are Spending €500 Million more than Bulgaria for Defense
- » Romania: Russia's Request for the Withdrawal of NATO Troops is Unacceptable
- » Bulgaria will Donate 250,000 doses of the Pfizer Vaccine to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- » Serbia votes in favor of EU-backed judicial reform, Vucic himself announces result
- » The deadline for a scheduled vaccination of Greeks over 60 has expired, 90% have been vaccinated
- » Croatia's Population has Shrunk by nearly 400,000 in the last 10 years