Bulgaria Detains 37 Illegal Migrants at Danube Bridge
The Bulgarian authorities detained on Tuesday a group of 37 illegal immigrants at the Danube Bridge border checkpoint.
Among the detained people were women, children and a pregnant woman, BGNES news agency reports.
The illegal immigrants were hidden in a TIR truck with a Turkish licence plate, driven by a Romanian citizen.
The identity of part of the detained people could not be established, as they were lacking identity documents.
The men have been detained at the police department in Ruse, while the women and children are temporarily accommodated at the asylum of the Bulgarian Red Cross.
This is the third large group of immigrants detained at Danube Bridge since the beginning of the year, with 44 people from Iraq and Syria arrested in February.
At the end of March, the Bulgarian border police informed that it has detained 281 people, who had attempted to cross the Bulgaria-Romania border illegally, since the start of 2015.
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
- » Eurobarometer: Bulgarians Remain Optimistic About the Future of Europe
- » Prisons and Court Guards in Bulgaria Received Funding for 200 New Employees
- » Bulgaria Temporarily Suspends the Construction of the Gas Connection with Serbia
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman Organizes Free Medical Examinations For Socially Disadvantaged People
- » MPs Are Finally Voting on the Changes to the Electoral Code Today