Bulgaria Detains 37 Illegal Migrants at Danube Bridge
The Bulgarian authorities detained on Tuesday a group of 37 illegal immigrants at the Danube Bridge border checkpoint.
Among the detained people were women, children and a pregnant woman, BGNES news agency reports.
The illegal immigrants were hidden in a TIR truck with a Turkish licence plate, driven by a Romanian citizen.
The identity of part of the detained people could not be established, as they were lacking identity documents.
The men have been detained at the police department in Ruse, while the women and children are temporarily accommodated at the asylum of the Bulgarian Red Cross.
This is the third large group of immigrants detained at Danube Bridge since the beginning of the year, with 44 people from Iraq and Syria arrested in February.
At the end of March, the Bulgarian border police informed that it has detained 281 people, who had attempted to cross the Bulgaria-Romania border illegally, since the start of 2015.
- » Sofia's Electronic Ticket System in Public Transport will Cost over BGN 73 Million
- » Bulgaria Parliament Bars Government from Signing Deals on Migrant Readmissions
- » The Bulgarian Customs have Collected nearly BGN 4.6 Billion for the First Half of the Year
- » 1/3 of the Farmers in Bulgaria are over 65 Years of Age
- » BGN 20 Million is the Annual Cost of Street Lighting in Sofia
- » CPC Stops the Deal for "Nova Broadcasting Group"