Bulgaria Detains 37 Illegal Migrants at Danube Bridge
The Bulgarian authorities detained on Tuesday a group of 37 illegal immigrants at the Danube Bridge border checkpoint.
Among the detained people were women, children and a pregnant woman, BGNES news agency reports.
The illegal immigrants were hidden in a TIR truck with a Turkish licence plate, driven by a Romanian citizen.
The identity of part of the detained people could not be established, as they were lacking identity documents.
The men have been detained at the police department in Ruse, while the women and children are temporarily accommodated at the asylum of the Bulgarian Red Cross.
This is the third large group of immigrants detained at Danube Bridge since the beginning of the year, with 44 people from Iraq and Syria arrested in February.
At the end of March, the Bulgarian border police informed that it has detained 281 people, who had attempted to cross the Bulgaria-Romania border illegally, since the start of 2015.
- » Bulgarian President Vetoes Part of Amendments to State Property Act
- » The Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency Launches Public Tender for Technical Projects for Road Works of 111 km
- » AFP: Bulgaria Urged to Save Communist-era Architectural 'Masterpiece' Buzludzha
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Files No-confidence Motion Against Borisov 3 Cabinet
- » First 20 Electric Buses Start Moving Around Sofia by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarian Registry Agency Seeks Additional Data-storage Capacity via Direct Contracting