Deputy PMs Bachvarova, Kuneva to Present Bulgaria’s Schengen Accession Progress
Deputy Prime Ministers Rumyana Bachvarova and Meglena Kuneva will present Thursday the results of the steps taken so far by the government for Bulgaria’s accession to the Schengen area.
Bachvarova, Deputy Prime Minister for Coalition Policy and Public Administration and Interior Minister, and Kuneva, Deputy Prime Minister for European Policies Coordination and Institutional Affairs, will attend a hearing on May 14, at 2:30 p.m.
They will speak to representatives of two parliamentary committees, the Internal Security and Public Order Committee and the Foreign Policy and Defense Committee.
On Tuesday, Kuneva will inspect the technical preparedness of Port Burgas and Burgas Airport to meet Schengen requirements.
Kuneva and Burgas District Governor Valcho Cholakov will check the adequacy of the equipment and the preparedness of the staff at the border crossing points at Port Burgas and Burgas Airport, according to the BGNES news agency.
Later on Tuesday, Kuneva will take part in a roundtable discussion devoted to Bulgaria’s accession to the Union's borderless Schengen area and the benefits for the business sector.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life
- » EC Approves the Bulgarian Scheme in Support of Tour Operators
- » $40 Million Potentially Dangerous Food Seized in Operation Throughout Europe
- » Bulgarian PM after the EU Summit: Bulgaria Will Receive Nearly 29 Billion Euros in the Coming Years
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov in Brussels: It Is Wrong to Think That We Are at the End of the Pandemic
- » Juncker Plan: EIAH to Provide Support for New Specialised Children's Hospital in Bulgaria