PM Borisov Praises Ethnic Tolerance in Bulgaria
Bulgaria can serve as an example of ethnic tolerance, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov said on Monday in comments on last week’s clashes in neighbouring Macedonia that left at least 22 people dead.
“Bulgaria needs calm, ethnic tolerance and peace,” Borisov told bTV station.
“What happened in Kumanovo is yet another very good example… In Kumanovo, in Macedonia they underestimated this problem and a lot of people died”.
He added the Bulgarian authorities are closely following developments in Macedonia and exercise greater caution in their comments about the clashes in Kumanovo.
Borisov also said ethnic tolerance in Bulgaria must be maintained as “there is nothing worse than civil war”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: Skopje should understand that the Road to Europe is through Actions, Not through Words
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: Democracy is Impossible without a Vibrant Civil Sector
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured