PM Borisov Praises Ethnic Tolerance in Bulgaria
Bulgaria can serve as an example of ethnic tolerance, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov said on Monday in comments on last week’s clashes in neighbouring Macedonia that left at least 22 people dead.
“Bulgaria needs calm, ethnic tolerance and peace,” Borisov told bTV station.
“What happened in Kumanovo is yet another very good example… In Kumanovo, in Macedonia they underestimated this problem and a lot of people died”.
He added the Bulgarian authorities are closely following developments in Macedonia and exercise greater caution in their comments about the clashes in Kumanovo.
Borisov also said ethnic tolerance in Bulgaria must be maintained as “there is nothing worse than civil war”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus