Bulgarian Movie Wins Best International Film Award in New York
The Bulgarian movie “The Sinking of Sozopol” was awarded the best international feature film at the New York City International Film Festival.
The movie is directed by Kostadin Bonev and stars Deyan Donkov and Snezhina Petrova in the leading male and female roles.
It was nominated in another six categories: Best International Director, Best Cinematography, Best Actor and Actress in Leading Roles, Best Actor and Actress in Supporting Roles.
The film, which is based on the novel of the same name by Ina Valchanova, tells the story of fifty-year-old architect Chavdar Karshev.
The protagonist heads for the seaside town of Sozopol in the company of ten bottles of vodka and without any other plans for the future.
A series of events unfold in the town of his youth and alcohol accompanies the story until the last drop.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian History: 119 years since the Ilinden–Preobrazhenie Uprising
- » After the Arson in North Macedonia the Renovated Facade of the Bulgarian Cultural Center is Ready
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the 185th Anniversary of the Birth of Vasil Levski
- » “Bulgaria and Macedonia. History and Politics” Enters all major World Libraries in English
- » Bulgarian Actress Maria Bakalova will be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3
- » US with a Report on Religious Freedom in Bulgaria: Mosques are not Built or Repaired