Bulgaria's Sport Toto Jackpot Boosted to Minimum of BGN 1 M
Bulgaria will have at least 10 millionaires from its Sport Toto lottery, Sports Minister Krasen Kralev has predicted.
In a Sunday interview with private national bTV channel he reaffirmed commitment to drastic reform in the Bulgarian Sports Totalizator (BST), a digit lottery Bulgaria has been running since 1957.
For the better part of this time, there was either no competition (under socialism) or it was weak enough for a numbers of governments to pursue reform.
The recent rise of a number of private alternative games has pushed the cabinet to adopt changes.
"Bulgarian sports lives entirely off the BST," he underlined, adding that upon his entry into the ministry last autumn he found out there las a lot to catch up in the Sport Toto compared to privately-owned competitors.
Earlier, he had also argued "the entire budget of the Sports Ministry" depends on how the game is being developed, with 18% of all revenues coming from the BST tickets purchased by players.
Damyan Damyanov, CEO at the BST, said some of the changes will be difficult to accept for winners, with awards now to be handed out in portions instead of giving the entire sum.
"People are not prepared to receive huge amounts," he added, but said the first tranche will now amount to at least BGN 500 000, with the rest handed out in monthly transfers of BGN 30 000.
Other BST reforms include scrapping the second draw in the 6/49 game.
- » Novak Djokovic Prediction Revealed by Grigor Dimitrov Ahead of Cincinnati Masters Tie
- » Bulgaria is 21st in Europe Thanks to Demireva
- » Kubrat Pulev vs. Hughie Fury Set for October 27th in Bulgaria
- » Dimitrov is in the Third Round of Masters in Toronto
- » Ludogorets Failed in the Early Stages of the Champions League (Video)
- » 10-year-old Swimmer Breaks Michael Phelps’ Butterfly Record