Police Officers Injured in Shootout in Macedonia’s Kumanovo
Three police officers have been hospitalized with gunshot injuries in Macedonia’s Kumanovo, according to reports of local news agencies.
According to Macedonian news portal plusinfo, a doctor from a hospital in Kumanovo said that three police officers were receiving treatment for gunshot wounds and one was being treated for shrapnel injury.
According to local news agencies, a shooutout occurred at around 4 a.m. local time on Saturday.
A Spokesman for Macedonia’s Interior Ministry, Ivo Kotevski, as cited by the MIA news agency, made clear that a police operation was underway against an armed group.
He urged locals to remain calm, adding that teams of police officers had been dispatched to the site.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO is considering Deploying Troops in Slovakia
- » World Media: Tensions between Bulgaria and North Macedonia are Decreasing
- » Croatian President: Croatia will Withdraw its Troops from NATO in case of Russia-Ukraine Conflict
- » Serbian President: We are Spending €500 Million more than Bulgaria for Defense
- » Romania: Russia's Request for the Withdrawal of NATO Troops is Unacceptable
- » Bulgaria will Donate 250,000 doses of the Pfizer Vaccine to Bosnia and Herzegovina