Bulgarian Prosecution Charges Russian with Murder of Child Found in Suitcase
The Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office charged on Friday the Russian citizen German Kostin with the murder of the five-year-old Nikita Leontyev, whose body was found in a suitcase near the village of Pasarel in March.
According to the prosecution, the death of the child was caused through suffocation between February 8 and 10, the website of the prosecutor's office informs.
It was established with an almost 100 % certainty that the DNA sample, which was found on the towel in which the body of the child was wrapped, belonged to Kostin.
The recordings from the cameras of the Road Infrastructure Agency showed Kostin driving to the scene of the crime.
The call logs of the mobile phones used by Kostin, also pointed that he was the perpetrator of the murder as he was present in the area at the time of the murder.
Kostin was detained and the investigation continues with all possible motives for the murder being examined.
The Russian citizen did not provide any explanations and denied his guilt.
The mother of the murdered child was a partner of Kostin in a real estate company.
A month ago, the 50-year-old Kostin claimed that he had nothing to do with the murders of the child and his mother.
At the time the Russian was in Istanbul and claimed that he was not hiding and said that he lived in Cyprus with his wife and two daughters.
Kostin has been the chief suspect for the cruel murder of the child and he had a relationship with the mother of the child Anna Leontyeva, who was also of Russian origin.
The dismembered body of Leontyeva was found near the Bulgarian town of Primorsko, but at present there are no evidences that Kostin was also responsible for the murder of the woman.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police