Nadal Ousts Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov from Quarterfinals in Madrid
Bulgaria's top male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov was ousted from the quarterfinals of the men's singles competition at the Madrid Open on Friday.
Dimitrov was defeated by Rafael Nadal from Spain with 3:6, 4:6 in a match, which lasted one hour and 47 minutes.
This was the sixth encounter between the two opponents, with Nadal having one all of them, daily Dnevnik reports.
The Bulgarian did not start the mach well and Nadal scored his first break in the third game, coming in the lead with 1:2.
However Dimitrov managed to recover quickly and achieved a break in the next game, equalising the score for 2:2.
Nadal returned the break in the next game and kept the initiative until the end of the first set, which he won after achieving another break for 6:3.
The Bulgarian started the second set better and was the first to achieve a break in the third game, coming in the lead with 2:1.
Dimitrov even consolidated his lead in the next game, but Nadal managed to equalise for 3:3 after achieving a break in the sixth game.
The score was equal at 4:4, when the Spanish took the initiative and kept it until the end of the set, which he won after achieving another break for 6:4.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Second in the Current Ranking of the World Chess Championship
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics