Subway Extension to Business Park Sofia Opens
Subway to the Sofia Business Park in Mladost 4 has been launched today.
The new segment of the underground network is 3-kilometer long with three new stops - Aleksandar Malinov, Akad. Aleksandar Teodorov- Balan and Business Park.
The total cost of the project amounts to EUR 44 M or a little less than EUR 15 M per kilometer.
According to initial prognoses, the segment will be used by more than 42,000 people on a daily basis.
Additionally, a parking lot for 120 cars will be opened at the last stop - Business Park. As stated by Metropoliten Director engineer Bratoev, the parking lot will be completed by May 20. It remains unclear whether the facility will be paid or not.
The official opening of the new subway segment is scheduled for 11 am at the Alexandar Malinov station. Attendees at the event will be Sofia's Mayour Yordanka Fandakova, President Rosen Plevneliev, PM Boiko Borisov, Deputy Chair of the European Commission Kristalina Georgieva, Transport minister Ivaylo Moskovski and Ecology Minister Ivelina Vasileva.
The new segment of the subway will be opened for passengers after 2 pm Friday, and everyone who enters the subway from the new stations will be travelling for free.
- » PM Borisov: Over 200 Schools Throughout Bulgaria are Undergoing Complete Renovation
- » The Body of One of Two Kids who Disappeared into the Sea near Varna was Recovered
- » Bulgaria will have Good Grape Harvest if Weather Remains Hot
- » Mostly Sunny with Nearly Unchanged Temperatures, Highs of 30-35°C
- » 22 Children Dead in Nile Boat Accident
- » PhD Scholarships in Bulgaria to be Increased by BGN 3 Million per Year