Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Second Round of Singles in Madrid
Bulgaria's top male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov proceeded to the second round of the men's singles competition at the Mutua Madrid Open.
Dimitrov defeated on Tuesday Donald Young from the USA with 6:4, 3:0 after retirement of the US player in the second set due to an injury.
Young could not finish the match due to pains in his back and he was mostly spectator during the second set, sportal.bg reports.
This was the fifth encounter between the two opponents, Dimitrov having won four of the matches between them.
The Bulgarian will face the Italian Fabio Fognini in the second round, who defeated Santiago Giraldo from Colombia with 6:2, 6:3 in the first round.
Dimitrov will have another match later on Tuesday, when he will start his participation at the men's doubles competition.
The Bulgarian will be playing together with Jurgen Melzer against the French duo Gael Monfils and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria