Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Ousted from Second Round in Madrid
Bulgaria's top female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova was defeated in the second round of the Mutua Madrid Open on Monday.
Pironkova was defeated with 3;6, 1:6 by Lucie Safarova in a match, which lasted 73 minutes, daily Dnevnik reports.
The Bulgarian suffered a heavy defeat and could not offer a considerable resistance to Safarova throughout the match.
Pironkova started the first set well, coming in the lead with 3:2, but then she lost nine games in a row, which considerably affected the outcome of the match.
Safarova recorded her fourth consecutive victory against the Bulgarian, having won all but one of the direct encounters against her opponent.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria