Bulgaria Socialist Leader Takes Shocking Pictures of Bulgaria-Serbia Road
A major international road into Serbia which was affected a landslide earlier this year is still unusable, an opposition leader has warned.
"I am not in [Nepal's capital] Kathmandu, as anybody would think, but on an international road linking Bulgaria and Serbia," Mihail Mikov, who chairs the Bulgarian Socialist Party, wrote on Facebook [BG] on Sunday evening.
He added that, though he had submitted a question in Parliament on possible repair works, so far there had been "no response" from authorities.
"Whereas money is spent on highways, what happens to secondary and third-class roads?", the BSP's leader has asked.
The road connects the city of Vidin with Zaje?ar in Serbia via Bulgaria's Vrashka Chuka border crossing.
Mikov was born in Kula, a town located in the region of Vidin, Northwestern Bulgaria - the poorest region in the EU.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend