Two Killed in Texas Shooting at anti-Islam Event
A shootout between police and armed men in Garland, Texas has taken the gunmen's lives after they opened fire on the guests of an anti-Islam exhibition, local officials say.
The event was featuring cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, and the attackers fired at a private security guard outside the Curtis Culwell Center where the exhibition was taking place. It was nearing its end when the incident unfolded.
The guard is not seriously wounded.
According to the New York Times, the American Freedom Defense Initiative was staging the event, which included a contest for the best caricature of the Prophet.
It quotes local administration officials as saying on Facebook that "two males drove up to the front of the building in a car... and began shooting at a Garland I.S.D. security officer."
The event, which comes four months after the terror attack at the offices of French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo, also featured a speech by Dutch far-right anti-immigrant politician Geert Wilders.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 396 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia will deploy Tactical Nukes in Belarus
- » Day 395 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Moscow’s Advance in Bakhmut is Slowing Down
- » Biden: US does not seek Conflict with Iran but will respond "Forcefully" to protect its Personnel
- » Day 394 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West must Prepare for a Long War, according to NATO Chief
- » North Korea tested an Underwater Nuclear-Capable Attack Drone
- » New Protests in France against the Pension Reform turned into Riots