Georgi Petkanov, Former Minister of Interior, Justice, Dies at 67
Georgi Petkanov, former Bulgarian Interior Minister and Justice Minister, has died at the age of 67.
The news of his death was announced by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, who expressed his condolences on Facebook.
Petkanov, Professor of Law, was Interior Minister in Simeon Saxe-Coburg's government (2001-2004) and Justice Minister in the government of Sergei Stanishev (2005-2009).
In 2010 he was elected Constitutional Court Judge.
- » The Great Bulgarian Director and Animator Rumen Petkov has Died
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis