Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Arrives at TV7 Building to Defuse Tensions
Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova has arrived at the headquarters of private TV7 channel in Sofia to try to defuse tensions heightened by heavy police presence in the building.
Earlier on Wednesday a bailiff entered the building to seize TV7 equipment citing a court order. Reportedly, the ground for the bailiff’s actions was litigation.
Tens of police officers were deployed in and around the building in the process in a move that sparked accusations of infringement on media freedom from politicians and journalists.
Upon entering the building, Bachvarova told journalists she needed time to study the situation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 305 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today
- » Bulgaria: A Man and a 15-year-old Boy Died in a Car Accident in Vidin region
- » Bulgaria: For 3,5 Years a Family cannot Bury their Daughter as it owes 27,000 leva to the Hospital
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 434 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny until the End of the Week