Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Arrives at TV7 Building to Defuse Tensions
Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova has arrived at the headquarters of private TV7 channel in Sofia to try to defuse tensions heightened by heavy police presence in the building.
Earlier on Wednesday a bailiff entered the building to seize TV7 equipment citing a court order. Reportedly, the ground for the bailiff’s actions was litigation.
Tens of police officers were deployed in and around the building in the process in a move that sparked accusations of infringement on media freedom from politicians and journalists.
Upon entering the building, Bachvarova told journalists she needed time to study the situation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 Took the Life of Colin Powell
- » Sofia’s St. Anna Hospital has no Free Beds for COVID Patients
- » Bulgarian Doctor: We Failed to Focus on Science in Media Communication During the Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Doctor: The Covid Certificate gives Freedom, it does not Take it Away
- » Over 75% of Adult EU Citizens are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19
- » Kosovo has Become the Leader in Vaccination in the Western Balkans