Sofia Business Park to Become Accessible by Underground on May 8
The extension of the first line of the Sofia underground to the Business Park will be launched on May 8.
This was announced by Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova, who inspected the construction works of the underground on Tuesday, daily Dnevnik reports.
Fandakova said that expectations were that the road traffic will decrease by 20 % after the launch of the new metro extension, as an additional 42-45 000 people will start using the underground.
The local authorities anticipate that there will also be a reduction in harmful emissions with 7000 tonnes annually, as well as 8000 less vehicles in the district of Mladost daily.
The new section, which has three stations – Aleksandar Malinov, Akademik Aleksandar Teodorov – Balan and Business Park, branches off after station Mladost 1.
Earlier in April, the extension of line 1 to Sofia Airport was launched.
- » The Largest Strategic Blockchain Forum in Central and Eastern Europe - CEE Block Sofia
- » Bulgaria’s Allterco Robotics Joins Deutsche Telekom's Startup Innovation Programme
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Bulgaria's Lorex Production Base Put up for Sale by Bailiff
- » Around 2000 Startups have been Created in Bulgaria for 5 Years
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria