Up to 250 Missing after New Avalanche Hits Nepal
A new avalanche in Rasuwa in Eastern Nepal has left up to 250 people missing, according to media sources.
An official is quoted by iTV News as saying the trekking area of Rasuwa in Nepal, north of the capital city Kathmandu, was hit by an avalanche on Tuesday afternoon (evening in Nepal).
The new avalanche has also been reported by the BBC.
A powerful, 7.9-magnitude earthquake struck the country on Sunday, leaving more than 4400 dead, more injured and some 8 million (between a third and a fourth of the population) affected by the disaster.
Nepal's Prime Minister Sushil Koirala also said on Tuesday the death toll could reach 10 000 people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Britain Lifts Quarantine for Vaccinated Travelers from Europe and the United States
- » Germany: Day after Huge Explosion in Leverkusen, 2 Dead, 4 Missing and Many Injured
- » Covid-19 Quarantine in Sydney Has Been Extended with 1 Month
- » European Commission: 70% of EU Citizens Vaccinated
- » Passports for Pubs, Mandatory Shots: Europe Ramps Up Covid Fight
- » Philippines to Impose Travel Ban on Malaysia, Thailand to Prevent Delta Variant