Up to 250 Missing after New Avalanche Hits Nepal
A new avalanche in Rasuwa in Eastern Nepal has left up to 250 people missing, according to media sources.
An official is quoted by iTV News as saying the trekking area of Rasuwa in Nepal, north of the capital city Kathmandu, was hit by an avalanche on Tuesday afternoon (evening in Nepal).
The new avalanche has also been reported by the BBC.
A powerful, 7.9-magnitude earthquake struck the country on Sunday, leaving more than 4400 dead, more injured and some 8 million (between a third and a fourth of the population) affected by the disaster.
Nepal's Prime Minister Sushil Koirala also said on Tuesday the death toll could reach 10 000 people.
- » 90 People Were Detained during Protests in Paris
- » Migrant Situation in Greece Gets even Worse - Lesbos Camp Is Overcrowded
- » Four People Were Killed in the Floods in Texas after Imelda
- » 600 Protests Are Planned in the United States on September 20-27
- » Queen Elizabeth II Owns Four Apartments in Moscow, but She May not Know about them
- » Mark Zuckerberg Met Donald Trump at the White House