Up to 250 Missing after New Avalanche Hits Nepal
A new avalanche in Rasuwa in Eastern Nepal has left up to 250 people missing, according to media sources.
An official is quoted by iTV News as saying the trekking area of Rasuwa in Nepal, north of the capital city Kathmandu, was hit by an avalanche on Tuesday afternoon (evening in Nepal).
The new avalanche has also been reported by the BBC.
A powerful, 7.9-magnitude earthquake struck the country on Sunday, leaving more than 4400 dead, more injured and some 8 million (between a third and a fourth of the population) affected by the disaster.
Nepal's Prime Minister Sushil Koirala also said on Tuesday the death toll could reach 10 000 people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 472 of the Invasion of Ukraine: More Evidence of Actual Explosion in Nova Kakhovka
- » Donald Trump has 37 Indictments
- » The Majority of the Bulgarian Community in Zaporizhzhia is under Occupation
- » Day 471 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is waging a Counteroffensive on at least 3 Fronts
- » Member States agreed on "Fair Distribution" of Refugees and Migrants in the EU
- » Charges have been Filed against former US President Donald Trump