25 Officers of Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing Point Dismissed
25 members of the staff of the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point have been dismissed.
Six customs officers, who were at work on Monday, received letters of dismissal in person, while the others are to be given their letters on Tuesday, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
According to unconfirmed reports, Customs Agency head Vanyo Tanov visited the border crossing point on Monday and met with senior officials of the Svilengrad customs office.
The dismissal of the customs officers comes on the heels of a pledge of Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to toughen control at Bulgaria’s borders and a demand directed to the Customs Agency head to boost excise tax and customs duty receipts and to collect revenues of BGN 1.6 B and more.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria
- » Parliament Discusses Dismissal of Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev
- » There is Such a People is Starting Negotiations to Form a Government
- » Iva Miteva from ITN Еlected National Assembly President Оnce Мore
- » Bulgarian President Ready for Consultations and Handing Government-forming Mandate
- » President Radev Awards Madara Horseman Order 1st Degree to Ambassador of the Netherlands to Bulgaria