Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Moves Closer to WTA's Top 100
Bulgarian tennis player Sesil Karatancheva progressed two positions in the latest WTA ranking, recording 107th place and moving closer to the top 100.
Karatancheva performed well in the qualifications of the Prague Open and was close to reaching the first round of the main stage of the tournament.
In the last round of the qualifications, the Bulgarian was defeated by the Czech Lucie Hradecka with 4:6, 4:6 in a match, which lasted 84 minutes, sportal.bg reports.
Bulgaria's top female player Tsvetana Pironkova dropped two positions and currently occupies 54th place in the WTA ranking.
Pironkova is to start her peformance at the Prague Open with a match against a qualifier in the first round.
Bulgaria's best male player Grigor Dimitrov retained his 11th position in the ATP ranking.
Dimitrov is currently preparing for the TEB BNP Paribas Istanbul Open by holding training sessions with Roger Federer, daily Dnevnik reports.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside