Sofia Court Freezes Property of Ex Parliament Deputy Speaker worth over BGN 1M
The Sofia City Court has impounded property worth BGN 1 555 883 owned by former Deputy Speaker of Parliament Hristo Biserov and his stepson, Ivaylo Glavinkov.
The measure was requested by the Commission for Illegal Assets Forfeiture (CIAF), according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
The CIAF launched an inspection after the start of pre-trial proceedings against them over tax crimes and money laundering in November 2013.
During the inspection, CIAF asked 7 European countries to provide information related to the case, including Macedonia and Switzerland.
The impounded property of Hristo Biserov, former deputy leader of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), is worth a total of BGN 1 262 483, including real estate in Sofia, a car, 9 bank accounts, and other sums of money.
The impounded property of Ivaylo Glavinkov is worth a total of BGN 293 400, including an apartment in Sofia, a villa in the village of Dolna Banya, shares in 5 companies, 9 bank accounts, and other sums of money.
The CIAF claims sums of money worth USD 314 529 and EUR 117 192 transferred by Biserov from his Swiss bank accounts to the Macedonian bank account of Glavinkov over which the two face criminal proceedings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol
- » Light Aircraft Overloaded With Cocaine Crashed on Take-Off on its Way to Australia
- » Bulgaria: Large Drug Lab in Yambol Discovered During a Police Operation
- » Man Was Stabbed Near the National Theater
- » Bulgarian Businessman Atanas Bobokov Will Remain in Custody
- » Bulgaria: Man from Stara Zagora Making Forgeries of Archeological Objects was Detained