Strong Earthquake Hits Nepal
A powerful earthquake struck near Nepal's capital Kathmandu on Saturday.
The U.S. Geological Survey estimated the magnitude of the earthquake at 7.9 on the Richter scale, while the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) informed about a 7.8-magnitude jolt.
Locals reported extensive damage and dozens of injured people.
There has been no immediate information about casualties but The Telegraph says there have been fatalities in both Nepal and India.
According to the EMSC, the first earthquake was followed by aftershocks measuring 7.1, 5.8, 5.5, and 5.3 on the Richter scale.
Following EMSC data, the first earthquake struck at 11:56 local time and the epicenter was located 89 kilometers northwest of Kathmandu.
The first jolt had a depth of 10 kilometers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Serbia Closes Shops, Bars and Restaurants After Sharp Increase of Cases
- » India Tightens Up its Border Patrols to Stop Arrivals from Myanmar
- » Myanmar Sees Deadliest Day of Protests with 38 People Killed
- » Italy Blocks Australian Shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca Coronavirus Vaccines
- » US Capitol police Warn of Possible Plot to Breach Congress
- » New Zealand Shaken by Powerful Earthquake - Tsunami Alert Stated