Strong Earthquake Hits Nepal
A powerful earthquake struck near Nepal's capital Kathmandu on Saturday.
The U.S. Geological Survey estimated the magnitude of the earthquake at 7.9 on the Richter scale, while the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) informed about a 7.8-magnitude jolt.
Locals reported extensive damage and dozens of injured people.
There has been no immediate information about casualties but The Telegraph says there have been fatalities in both Nepal and India.
According to the EMSC, the first earthquake was followed by aftershocks measuring 7.1, 5.8, 5.5, and 5.3 on the Richter scale.
Following EMSC data, the first earthquake struck at 11:56 local time and the epicenter was located 89 kilometers northwest of Kathmandu.
The first jolt had a depth of 10 kilometers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Montenegro has the Cheapest Fuel in the Balkans
- » The EU grants 1.61 Billion Euros to Bulgaria
- » Liz Truss's Conservative Government takes U-turns on plan to scrap 45p Tax Rate
- » Inflation in Turkey exceeded 83%
- » Day 222 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Breakthrough in Kherson, Both Sides accuse each other of Shelling
- » Day 221 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians withdraw from Lyman, Zelensky vows for more Recaptured Territories