Strong Earthquake Hits Nepal
A powerful earthquake struck near Nepal's capital Kathmandu on Saturday.
The U.S. Geological Survey estimated the magnitude of the earthquake at 7.9 on the Richter scale, while the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) informed about a 7.8-magnitude jolt.
Locals reported extensive damage and dozens of injured people.
There has been no immediate information about casualties but The Telegraph says there have been fatalities in both Nepal and India.
According to the EMSC, the first earthquake was followed by aftershocks measuring 7.1, 5.8, 5.5, and 5.3 on the Richter scale.
Following EMSC data, the first earthquake struck at 11:56 local time and the epicenter was located 89 kilometers northwest of Kathmandu.
The first jolt had a depth of 10 kilometers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday
- » Indonesia is Moving its Capital
- » Ukrainian MP at the EP: Any Arms Embargo against Ukraine must Fall
- » A winter storm has left thousands without electricity in the United States
- » Serbia votes in favor of EU-backed judicial reform, Vucic himself announces result
- » China has called for no imports because of Omicron