Strong Earthquake Hits Nepal
A powerful earthquake struck near Nepal's capital Kathmandu on Saturday.
The U.S. Geological Survey estimated the magnitude of the earthquake at 7.9 on the Richter scale, while the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) informed about a 7.8-magnitude jolt.
Locals reported extensive damage and dozens of injured people.
There has been no immediate information about casualties but The Telegraph says there have been fatalities in both Nepal and India.
According to the EMSC, the first earthquake was followed by aftershocks measuring 7.1, 5.8, 5.5, and 5.3 on the Richter scale.
Following EMSC data, the first earthquake struck at 11:56 local time and the epicenter was located 89 kilometers northwest of Kathmandu.
The first jolt had a depth of 10 kilometers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 87 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia declares Full Control of Mariupol, Gas Cut to Finland, Zelensky sees a Diplomatic End
- » Russia claims to have taken Full Control of Azovstal
- » Bomb Threats in 134 Schools in Serbia
- » Day 86 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky compares Situation in Donbas with "Real Hell", 1,700 Azovstal Troops Surrendered
- » UN: The War can lead to the Poverty of 90% of Ukrainians
- » Belarus Bans Orwell's 1984