Canada Easing Visa Regime for Bulgarian Visitors from 2016
Bulgarians who have had a Canadian visa over the past few years and holders of non-immigrant ones for the US will be able to travel to Canada without an allowance as of 2016.
In a letter to Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, his Canadian counterpart Stephen Harper said that under a decision by the Canadian authorities, Bulgarian travelers to the country who meet those criteria will only have to register in Canada's Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), the Bulgarian government said in a press statement.
This comes a few weeks after a visit by Bulgaria's new Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova to the North American country.
Harper is quoted as saying that the move "will make travels of many Bulgarian citizens easier," hoping it will also lead to an expansion and deepening of bilateral relations.
- » Gulf Times: Qatar Airways signs Joint Flight Agreement with Bulgaria Air
- » Croatian Airlines to Operate Flights to Sofia and Podgorica
- » Bulgaria Air Launches Direct Flights to Valencia
- » NSI: Total Number of Accommodation Establishments in Bulgaria Increased by 1.4%
- » Flights from Sofia to Munich and Dusseldorf Cancelled due to Storm Ciara
- » Turkish Airlines Will Start Operating Flights to Equatorial Guinea