US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State to Meet with PM Borisov in Sofia
US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Hoyt Yee will visit Bulgaria for the second time in 7 months.
Hoyt Brian Yee is part of the team of Victoria Jane Nuland, Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the United States Department of State.
No information has been released as regards the purpose of Hoyt Yee’s visit to Bulgaria.
The is to meet with Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov at the Council of Ministers building, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
Hoyt Yee was in Sofia in September 2014, just hours before US President Barack Obama announced that the country would step up economic sanctions against Russia and that it would launch a new round of strikes against Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria.
During his 2014 visit to Bulgaria, he told BNR that it was important to continue sanctions in order to show Russia that its behavior unacceptable and that it had to be prepared for an escalation of economic sanctions unless it withdrew its troops from Ukraine and stopped its military activities there.
One week after Yee’s visit in September 2014, the Bulgarian government adopted a decision to send weapons to support the Kurdish forces fighting Islamic State.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Tsar Simeon met with the Russian Metropolitan and the Russian Ambassador
- » The Bulgarian Parliament adopted the Anti-Corruption Reform in the first reading
- » Bulgaria's PM: Let's not turn Schengen into a Bargaining Chip
- » No Shots were fired at Migrants from the Bulgarian side of the Border - shows Joint investigation with Turkey
- » The President: Bulgaria has every Chance to join Schengen next year, let's not Politicize the Topic
- » From 8 am to 12 pm: Borissov changed his position on the Paper Ballots 3 times