Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora
The Bulgarian police detained seventeen illegal immigrants in the district of Stara Zagora, which is the second case in the region in less than a month.
The immigrants were traveling in a vehicle, which was involved in a road accident on Trakia Motorway near the town of Chirpan, private bTV station reports.
The driver of the vehicle, who was traveling at inconsiderate speed, had a flat tyre and lost control of the vehicle.
The vehicle crashed into the guard rail, which led to the injury of three of the passengers with unidentified citizenship.
The injured passengers were admitted to a hospital in Stara Zagora without risk for their lives.
The driver left the site of the crash and the remaining passengers similarly fled and went into hiding.
The policemen detained nine Afghan, three Syrian and two Iraqi citizens, who were uncovered at the nearby petrol station and near the road.
All of them have been detained for 24 hours, while the police continues tracing the whereabouts of the driver.
The police in the region detained fourteen illegal immigrants from Afghanistan in the beginning of April.
Similarly, the driver of the vehicle, who did not stop for a police check, escaped and left the immigrants on their own.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Global Child Pornography Bust: Two Detained in Bulgaria in Widespread European Operation
- » Bulgaria Reports Over 7,000 Intoxicated Driving Cases in 2023
- » Violence in Bulgaria: Woman Beaten on Stara Zagora's Main Boulevard
- » Police Brutality Unveiled: Teen Assaulted at Protest, Harassed in Police Custody
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Major Tax Fraud Ring in Luxury Car Imports
- » Ex-Football Boss Sues Bulgaria at the Strasbourg Court