Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora
The Bulgarian police detained seventeen illegal immigrants in the district of Stara Zagora, which is the second case in the region in less than a month.
The immigrants were traveling in a vehicle, which was involved in a road accident on Trakia Motorway near the town of Chirpan, private bTV station reports.
The driver of the vehicle, who was traveling at inconsiderate speed, had a flat tyre and lost control of the vehicle.
The vehicle crashed into the guard rail, which led to the injury of three of the passengers with unidentified citizenship.
The injured passengers were admitted to a hospital in Stara Zagora without risk for their lives.
The driver left the site of the crash and the remaining passengers similarly fled and went into hiding.
The policemen detained nine Afghan, three Syrian and two Iraqi citizens, who were uncovered at the nearby petrol station and near the road.
All of them have been detained for 24 hours, while the police continues tracing the whereabouts of the driver.
The police in the region detained fourteen illegal immigrants from Afghanistan in the beginning of April.
Similarly, the driver of the vehicle, who did not stop for a police check, escaped and left the immigrants on their own.
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany
- » Drugs Distribution Group in Pleven and Lovech was Busted
- » The Owner of a Large Bulgarian Dairy Company was Arrested for Tax Fraud