General Accused of Malfeasance, Ordered Subordinates to Renovate Dwelling
The Sofia Military District Prosecutor's Office charged Bulgarian Brigadier General Dimitar Shivikov with malfeasance in office for ordering his subordinates to renovate his dwelling.
Shivikov was accused of diverting four subordinates from their military duties in Karlovo and using their labour unlawfully for renovating his dwelling in Sofia, daily Dnevnik reports.
In this way Shivikov benefited outside the legally established order and lowered the prestige of the Defence Ministry and the Bulgarian armed forces.
The General, who is commander of the 61st Stryamska Mechanised Infantry Brigade, has been released on BGN 1000 bail.
Shivikov became commander of the brigade in 2012 and had been one of the commanders of the Bulgarian contingents, which guarded the airport in Kabul as part of ISAF.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District