Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov 'to Visit Emirates' in end-April
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov will be looking for UAE investors during his visit to Dubai later this month, government sources say.
The visit is most likely to be scheduled for April 27-28, the sources are quoted by daily Standart as saying.
Borisov is set to meet Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, United Arab Emirates Vice President and Prime Minister and also the emir of Dubai.
According to the report, Borisov will seek to draw investment from the prosperous emirate, with an emphasis on agriculture.
Economy Ministry data suggests that the UAE have made investment into Bulgaria worth EUR 38.1 M and EUR 21.5 M in 2011 and 2012 respectively. Then 2013 saw a withdrawal of capital, but FDI attraction was renewed last year with EUR 3.9 M in new projects.
Borisov, who has already tried to seal closer cooperation with other Gulf states such as Qatar,
In April 2014 he led a delegation of his center-right GERB party, then in opposition, to Dubai, and the UAE's Economy Minister Sultan Bin Saeed al Mansoori agreed in principle that the emirates should move toward expanding cooperation with Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lavrov: After the Mess Up in Bulgaria, our Embassy cannot Function Normally
- » Russia stopped issuing Tourist Visas for Bulgarians
- » History: How many Times were Diplomatic Relations between Russia and Bulgaria Severed
- » 70 Diplomats and Employees of the Russian Embassy are Leaving Bulgaria
- » Expelled Russian Diplomats are Leaving Bulgaria with their Families: 2 Flights are Taking Out more than 160 People Today
- » Ambassador Mitrofanova will Propose to Putin the Closure of the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria