Frontex Ready to Help Bulgaria If Migratory Pressures Increase
Frontex Executive Director Fabrice Leggeri has assured Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova that the European border agency is ready to help Bulgaria if migratory pressures via the Black Sea increase.
Leggeri told Bachvarova that Frontex could help with the organization of more joint return flights of illegal immigrants to their home.
Bachvarova made clear that she expected the agreement on a three-way center for police and border cooperation between Bulgaria, Turkey, and Greece to be signed very soon.
During the meeting, Bulgaria’s Interior Minister also presented the plans for the establishment of an Interinstitutional Coordination Center for combating smuggling and control over the movement of high-risk goods and cargo, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria