Monthly Inflation in Bulgaria at 0.4% in March
The monthly inflation in Bulgaria in March stood at 0.4%, while the annual inflation rate was 0.1%, according to the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
The annual average inflation, measured by consumer price index (CPI) in the period April 2014 - March 2015, as compared to the period April 2013 - March 2014, stood at -0.9%.
Prices of transportation services went up by 4% on a monthly basis in March.
Prices of food and non-alcoholic beverages increased by 0.3% on the month, while prices of alcoholic beverages and tobacco went up by 0.1% over the same period.
Prices of housing (rentals, maintenance and repair), water, electricity, gas, and other fuels added 0.1% on the month.
Prices of furnishings, household equipment, and routine maintenance of the house registered an increase of 0.6% on a monthly basis.
Prices of clothing and footwear fell by 0.2% on the month.
In the sphere of communications, prices remained unchanged from February.
The harmonized index of consumer prices in March 2015, as compared to February 2015, stood at 100.3%, i.e. the monthly inflation was 0.3%.
The inflation rate since the beginning of the year (March 2015 compared to December 2014) amounted to -0.3% and the annual inflation in March 2015 compared to March 2014 was -1.1%.
The annual average inflation, measured by HICP, in the period April 2014 - March 2015, as compared to the period April 2013 - March 2014, was -1.6%.
The price index of a small basket in March 2015, as compared to February 2015, was 100.2% and the overall increase since the beginning of the year (March 2015 compared to December 2014) totaled 101.1%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Business Community: Vaccines Should Be Available on Commercial Market
- » European Commission Comes Out With Additional Restriction for International Travellers
- » Bulgarian Business Community: We Want to Work Not to Receive Aid
- » World Economy: Foreign Direct Investments Slumped by 42 Percent in 2020
- » Bulgarian Sales Industry: Stores to Be Opened Immediately to Avoid Total Collapse
- » Tens of Thousands Protest in Russia Demanding Navalny's Release, over 2000 Arrested