Bulgarian Authorities Launch Nationwide Search for Judge Rumyana Chenalova
Bulgarian authorities are searching nationwide for Judge Rumyana Chenalova, who has been temporarily removed from office due to ongoing disciplinary proceedings against her.
Chenalova was not found at any of the addresses she listed in documents submitted to the court authorities, according to the prosecuting authority, as cited by dnevnik.bg.
She failed to attend hearings and was not found at any of the addresses by the authorities.
Meanwhile, she presented sick notes which were rejected by court over the lack of genuine reasons.
Chenalova faces two pre-trial proceedings for offence concerning her professional conduct and for an offence related to documents.
The two pre-trial proceedings against Chenalova were initiated in end-February.
On January 22, Chenalova, judge at the Sofia City Court, was removed from office for a period of 6 months by the Supreme Judicial Council (VSS).
Chenalova was accused by French Ambassador to Bulgaria Xavier Lapeyre de Cabanes of mishandling the bankruptcy case against the two subsidiaries of the French Belvedere Group.
She was also in charge of the high-profile anti-mafia case “Octopus”, which was re-launched after her removal.
Chenalova’s brother, Stanimir Chenalov, who is her lawyer, told dnevnik.bg that she was on sick leave and that she would appear in court on the next court date.
He expressed surprise over the nationwide search for Chenalova.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year