Construction Works along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coastline Cause Turmoil
Construction works in the gulf of Coral, near camping South have started days prior to the Easter celebrations in Bulgaria.
Two fundaments have been laid at a distance of approximately 60-70 meters away from the beach.
In the words of environmental activists construction plans involve a mini village of 16 houses with a total surface of over 1,200 square meters.
Representatives of the NGO Let's Save Coral have stated that construction in those territories is violation the law regarding the Black Sea coastline, as the bungalows will be built on sand dunes.
''The concrete that you are talking about will be used as a groundwork for bungalows,'' stated the investor from Favorit Stamo Stamov in an interview for OFF News. ''They have been around on the camping location since the 70s.''
He added that the building plan has also been approved my the Ministry of Regional Development and will not have a negative influence upon the environment.
Environmental activists on the other hand have refused to accept that stance and have pointed out that 35 irregular construction permits in the vicinity of the beach in Coral have been issued only in the fall of 2014. As a result, the NGO has demanded more information and thorough investigation on the details of the land ownership in the region of camping South.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nature Astronomy: Possible Marker of Life Spotted on Venus
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Week Starts with Summer and Ends with Autumn Temperatures
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Hot Weekend, Temperatures Up to 32 °
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Friday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Quiet and Sunny Weekend
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Hot Weather in Kardzhali, Haskovo and Yambol