Bulgarian Wins Mural Art Competition in Australia’s Sheffield
Bulgarian Nikolay Dimitrov has won a mural art competition in Sheffield, Tasmania's "Town of Murals."
Dimitrov won the ,000 prize at the 2015 edition of the annual Mural Fest with his work “Traveling Dreams”, according to reports of local newspaper The Advocate and Bulgaria’s Capital Daily.
Dimitrov’s painting partner, Daniel Dubarov, was unable to attend the fest due to visa complications and the two had to communicate online while Dimitrov was working on the mural.
Dimitrov said that he came up with the idea for the mural while traveling on a train through Europe.
The International Mural Fest is held annually in Sheffield, Australia.
The event starts on Easter Sunday (Catholic calendar) every year and continues up until the following Saturday.
Nine artists compete in a public paint off, and must complete a 2100mm x 4800mm mural, all using the same poem for their mural’s main theme and inspiration.
All murals remain on display at Mural Park, Sheffield’s own outdoor art gallery, until the following year’s festival.
During this 12-month period, visitors can once again vote for their favorite, with the artist getting the most votes receiving a ,000 award.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bansko Nomad Fest: Celebrating the Digital Nomad Lifestyle in Bansko, Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv to Host One-of-a-Kind Comedy Festival in July
- » Never Forget Your Past! New Life for Buzludzha Monument - Bulgaria
- » New Symphony Orchestra to Perform Its First Concert in Memoriam of James Pardew
- » World-Renowned Violinist Midori to Play with Sofia Philharmonic
- » Famous Czech Photographer Bara Prasilova Presents Her Surreal Images in Sofia