Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Found Guilty of Bombing Boston Marathon
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been found guilty of bombing the Boston Marathon in 2013 that left three people dead and more than 260 injured, the BBC reported.
The 21-year-old former student was found guilty of 17 counts each of which carries a possible death penalty.
A federal jury will now decide whether Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should receive the death sentence or life imprisonment.
Even though Tsarnaev's conviction was widely expected, as his role in the bombing was admitted by his defence lawyers, they argued that his brother, Tamerlan, had been the mastermind behind the attack.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France to phase out coal by 2027
- » France will End its Military Presence in Niger and Bring Back its Ambassador
- » Three Serbs were Killed in Kosovo, Two others were Wounded
- » Day 578 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv’s Forces continue the Counteroffensive in Southeast
- » Romania blocked Austria's participation in NATO meetings
- » Indian Parliament passes landmark Women’s reservation Bill