Kenya Responds to Garissa Attack, Bombs Al-Shabaab Bases in Somalia
Kenyan fighter jets bombed on Sunday positions of the militant Islamist group Al-Shabaab in Somalia in response to the recent terrorist attack carried against Garissa University College.
The military planes targeted two camps in the Gedo region, which are used by Al-Shabaab to cross into Kenya, the BBC reports.
This comes in response to the recent terrorist attack carried out by Al-Shabaab on Thursday against Garissa University College in Kenya, which resulted in the death of 148 people, the majority of them students.
Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta called on his nation to respond “in the severest way possible”.
Kenyan army spokesman David Obonyo said that the army responded by launching the airstrike on Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Socialists did not support the EP's decision on Аmmunition for Ukraine
- » 2023 Parliamentary Elections in Montenegro: Young Voters Will Decide the Elections
- » EU Commission announced 4 Criminal Procedures against Bulgaria
- » Eurozone Annual Inflation slows sharply in May to 6.1%
- » The Council of the EU approved the Istanbul Convention
- » "The Times": Bulgaria to help Rishi Sunak stop Illegal Immigration