Forbes: Poroshenko Offered Putin to Assimilate Donbass
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has offered Russian counterpart Vldimir Putin to ''include Donbass'' in the territory of the federation.
The announcement was released to Forbes magazine through an anonymous source.
It was stated that the proposal had been extended during the Normandy Four talks hld in Minsk on February 11 and 12.
''Poroshenko directly told me, ''Take Donbass'', and I responded, ''Have you gone mad ? I don't need Donbass. If you don't need it, announce its independence'', was the statement Vladimir Putin made at his meeting with Russian industrialists and businessmen on March 19, as quoted by Forbes.
In the words of the Russian President, Poroshenko then stated that Ukrainian authorities are not able to take the step, '' Then, let Ukrainian authorities pay the pensions and social care to the population of Donbass and let them restore the banking system,'' Putin allegedly insisted.
The ceasefire deal included 14 points connected to the withdrawal of heavy weapons from the front line, release of prisoners, the providing of humanitarian aid for the severely affected regions of Ukraine, as well as establishing of special statute for the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk Republics.
According to the source released information to Forbes, Putin himself is skeptical regarding the peace deal and believes that Ukrainian authorities are attempting to win the fight with rebel forces and to destroy Donbass in economic terms.
Allegedly, Putin said that EU leaders are well aware of the Ukrainian intentions, but the strengthening of the conflict is said to be in favor of US foreign polices. He also informed business leaders that the EU sanctions against Russia are unlikely to be removed in the upcoming years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Medvedev: Crimea is Russian. For it, We are Ready to have a Third World War
- » Default: For the First Time in a Century, Russia has Not Repaid its Government Debt in Foreign Currency
- » Lavrov: The EU and NATO are forming a Temporary Coalition for War with Russia
- » Kremlin Renames Street in front of US Embassy in Moscow to “Donetsk People's Republic”
- » A Journalist Persecuted in Russia was Advised to avoid Bulgaria
- » Russia is Furious with the EU over the Suspended Transit through Lithuania to Kaliningrad