Bulgarian Police Detains 14 Illegal Immigrants in Stara Zagora
Bulgarian policed detained on Friday fourteen people without identity documents in the village of Trakia in the Stara Zagora district.
The driver of the vehicle, in which the illegal immigrants were found, did not stop for a police check near the town of Simeonovgrad.
The police department in Simeonovgrad informed the authorities in Stara Zagora of the incident, private bTV station reports.
The vehicle was found some time later in the village of Trakia with the driver missing, but fourteen passengers still inside.
It turned out that the passengers, aged between 25 and 30, were all immigrants from Afghanistan, who have crossed the border illegally.
The police arrested them, while it continues its work on establishing the identity of the driver of the vehicle.
- » Macedonian Citizen was Detained for Assault of a Policeman in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Charges Six With Financing Syrian 'Terrorist' Groups As Network Uncovered
- » Bulgaria Extradites Russian Hacker to US: Embassy
- » 43 People Detained in a Large-Scale Operation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Prevented Smuggling of 1,5 kg of Gold Jewels
- » Man Attacked Students from the National Military University